Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
power switch PCB V1.1 available
The power switch hardware is now updated (V1.1).

The power of the RFM12 module is now directly connected to an ATMega I/O pin to restart it if necessary using the transceiver watchdog functionality.

You can also modify your old PCB version easily if you want to. Have a look into the description in the wiki.
will it work when pulling up the NSEL to PC3 instead of VCC? can i also use an elko as C2?
(11-30-2015, 01:33 AM)grumpy Wrote: will it work when pulling up the NSEL to PC3 instead of VCC?

Why do you want to do that? I think it wouldn't be a difference when NSEL is low when the RFM is switched off (by switching PC3 off).

(11-30-2015, 01:33 AM)grumpy Wrote: can i also use an elko as C2?

C2 is for stabilization of mainly very short voltage peaks. It should be a film capacitor (hope this is the right english name) and not an elko, since elkos are slow.

The value does not matter so much if you have the error handling with VCC connected to PC3, because the RFM12 is restarted in any case when there's a problem... You can even leave out the capacitor (and have more cases over time when the RFM12 transceiver needs to be restarted). But the suggestion from the RFM12 datasheet is to use a 1µ capacitor.